You constantly hear on the radio and see on television how it’s so important to tune up your car once a year to improve your petrol mileage and extend the life of your vehicle…. Performing a PC Tune-Up on your computer is no different.
Adding and deleting data, installing and later removing hardware, viruses, malware, spy-ware, junk programs, tool-bars and web browser add-ons, file fragments and internet history can cause your machine to slow down.
In addition, computers act like a vacuum cleaner, sucking up dust, dirt and hair to clog their fans and heat-sinks. This causes the machine to operate at hotter temperature and can cause the CPU to burn out, which can be a very expensive repair. Smoke and tarr can also significantly reduce the life of a computer.
And have you looked at your screen and keyboard recently…? All manner of debris collect there and harbor germs and bacteria. This is something which is always last on our cleaning list, when it should be 1st!
But what to do about it? What should you use to clean it? Do you have the tools to properly and safely take the unit apart without damaging it?
Our TUNE-UP SERVICE:
- A thorough physical cleaning including all fans, heat-sinks, power supplies, keyboards, lcds, optical drives, etc. We actually disassemble the entire unit (laptop or desk-top) and give it a good bath. It will even smell better when you get it back… We promise!
- Updating the Operating System with all the latest updates and security fixes.
- Updating all your hardware drivers to their latest versions.
- Updating any anti-virus packages with the latest definitions.
- General Spyware/malware Removal (virus removal extra)
- System Diagnostics, RAM, HDD, BOARD, PSU all tested.
- No Fixed Fee! – We don’t charge a fixed fee for your repair, simply because it may take 5 minutes, it may take longer. Your service could cost £0-£45 or even free if its just a quick check. Dont fall for “Fixed Price” services which charge you the full fee regardless of the time spent or methods used! We always check first and advise you.
Generally, this fixes any glitches, blue-screens, pop-ups and other annoyances you have been experiencing.
We also run a series of diagnostic tests on critical hardware items such as the hard-drive, memory and video chip-set / card. This ensures the hardware isn’t causing problems and is in need of replacement.
Does you machine actually need a Tune-Up or Repair?
If you have a specific issue with your machine, sometimes a general tune-up wont fix this, its better when booking in your system to advise on the faults, there are millions of lines of code in a computer and not everything can be fixed with a general “Tidy up”
We believe in giving our customers value for money!
WE CAN CLEAN OUT YOUR SYSTEM!